/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, May 2, 2009

May Flowers!


I had so much fun making these pocket cards! They were quick and easy. What a great way to use up a stash of flowers too! I wanted to make a flowery card for Mother's Day and saw these on Split Coast Stampers. Then I found these great instructions by Stephanie Luman ... Thanks for sharing them!

The top photo (above) shows the flower pots with the card tucked in, and the bottom photo shows the insert card pulled out of the flower pots. These will be great as teacher thank-yous, get-well, just because, .... any time you want to send a "blooming" wish to some one you care about!

For the flower pots, I used Bazzill Burning Ember cardstock. I modified mine a bit. I embossed the pots with the Cuttlebug Textile Textures embossing folder. I also increased the length of the insert card to allow me to add more flowers!! Can never have enough flowers, huh?

I used the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edge Punch on the lip of the pot and added an additional coordinating color card stock also edged punched to add a little somthing extra to the flower pot.

You could add tags to hang from the ribbon, or maybe a friendly ladybug or butterfly among the blooms!

Hope this inspires you to try making these elegant, but easy to make cards!

Hooray! It's May!!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love your version of the card! The flowers really 'pop'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally pretty! Love them! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too cute!! I love them & you did a wonderful job! tfs!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh they are SO cute!!!
    Love them!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips