/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, June 5, 2009

Berries!

This is today's harvest from the berry patch! Mmm, yummy. I'm gonna be washing them up and making some jam! A few years ago I planted a few strawberry plants in the landscape bed on our yard. And those plants have taken off.

We've only got a small patch where they can grow, but they yield quite a bit. Last year I had enough berries to enjoy smoothies, make jam and freeze several bags of the little red beauties! In fact one day I picked so many berries I decided I had to weigh them. There were 21 pounds of berries from just that one day!

I'm looking forward to some toast with fresh homemade jam!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! So fun to grow fruits in your own yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot! Hmm...strawberry shortcake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! Pound cake, strawberries and a dab of whip cream or a side of vanilla ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips