/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gonna Miss This

When you are up in the middle of the night with a fussy baby for the nine-millionth night in a row, you find yourself just wishing this would pass. Wishing that you could get a bit of sleep. Yet also enjoying that cozy feeling of being so close to your child. That bond of true and deep commitment. Unconditional love.

So many things in life come and go, fly by so quickly. If only we could stop time for just a little bit. So we could spend a little bit more time enjoying the moment. There are so many times I reflect on the boys lives, especially at their birthdays. As they grow, it's as if they become a new person. I enjoy discovering the person they are becoming, and I miss so much of where they have been. I wish I could capture them at each age and save them to cherish again and again. Probably one of the reasons I love to scrapbook!

I made this 2 page layout to reflect these feelings. Didn't have good lighting to take a photo of them and it's not the greatest scan. I still hope you enjoy it. I used the song title and lyrics from Trace Adkins "You're Gonna Miss This".

On the journal note I put the chorus to the song "You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times, so take a good look around, you may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this"

The larger red heart pulls out to reveal some hidden journaling which reads: "This is a message to me. I do miss “this”. I miss the fun of watching you each discover. I miss you being so young that you depended on me for so much. I miss feeding you, bathing you, playing outside, walks in the park, visiting the construction site, Blue's Clue's, Barney, Sesame Street, Bill Nye the Science Guy. I miss endless nights of no sleep... well, maybe I don't miss that. But I do miss holding you close and rocking you to sleep, chasing the monsters away, helping you feel better, kissing your boo-boo's. I miss building with Legos & K'nex. I miss getting you dressed, and long talks as I tuck you in at night. I miss holding your hand. I love watching you grow and I'm proud of what you are becoming. But letting go is bittersweet."

I'm gonna go hug my kids now!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I got tears in my eyes and I don't even have kids! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips