/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Another Card Box *updated*


Recently finished making this tin. I've decorated it with the Bo Bunny Flutter Butter line. Such great papers and the colors are so pretty. They are just right to blend with the decor where I envision this box sitting. Shhhhhhh..... This will be a present for someone very special on my Christmas list. I'm also making a bundle of greeting cards to fill it. This way they will have cards ready when they need them and stored neatly in a decorative tin. In side I've made tabbed dividers to help sort the cards by type. The dividers have places on them to keep track of special dates like anniversaries and birthdays.

I hope they will like this!





*****UPDATE*****

I've gotten some requests about how to make this, so I thought I'd share a few tips. I was so into this project that I didn't stop and take pics along the way. Kinda wish I had. Sorry all I can do is share some text and no progress photos.

I used a tin from Oriental Trading Company as the base for this. The hardware was not removable, so I wanted to cut the papers to go around them. I used regular printer paper (or other thin paper) and placed it on the tin, just holding it in place with my hand. Then I used a pencil to trace the pattern of the tin. I cut that out and made sure it lined up on the tin correctly. If you are using a different type of container, you might be able to remove any hardware and make it easier to create a template.

Then, using the template, I cut the patterned paper to fit the tin. I used my ATG Gun as adhesive for the papers.

To cover the lid rim, I used a piece of ribbon adhered with the ATG along the sides and with glue dots on the corners. You'll have to gather the ribbon to "bend" it around the corners. I then covered this with a thin strip of paper that I accordion crinkled. This strip was attached with a hot glue gun to help secure it.

Embellish the tin as you desire. I used papers and embellies from the Bo Bunny Flutter Butter line for a very coordinated look. I cut and combined some flourish cardstock stickers so they would flow the way I wanted them. I used DMC floss to stitch the buttons. The flowers and leaves are a mix of Bo Bunny, Prima and Petaloo. Gems are Bo Bunny, Making Memories and Creative Imaginations. Ribbons are American Crafts and craft supply.

The handle of the tin was a black plastic... not very pretty. So I covered it with ribbon strips that I looped and tied. Hope this helps you if you are making one. If you do - I'd love to see it, so please leave a comment to let me know!

Happy creating!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips