/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yummy Treats


Still busy creating gifts. Some for family, and some for teachers and other special people in our lives. I just love making gifts for others. It is really helping keep my holiday spirit running on high!

I made up some yummy Brown Sugar-Orange Pecans. But the yumminess doesn't stop there. I decorated these jars to hold them. I used Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love paper line. Aren't the colors just great?

The jars were simple to decorate. I used Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies to cut the papers for the label. The inner most circle was then cut in half and I paired a striped paper and a print paper. All paper edges were inked. After layering all the circles, I then ran a stitch around the edge using my 1957 Singer sewing machine. Yes it still works great!

I layered a band of cardstock and ribbon around the jar and adhered the layered circles. Then I tied another length of ribbon around the neck of the jar.


5 comments:

  1. Cathy, these jars look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, cute & oh-so-yummy! Beautiful Job Cathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a fabulous job on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips