/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Boxes


OK - so that picture is not exactly a "box". I'm going to share 2 different types of boxes with you today. The one pictured above is a sarcophagus that my youngest designed. He is studying Egypt in school. They were sent home with this yellow paper drawn and cut to life size. The assignment was to decorate it as a sarcophagus and had to be very Egyptian, but could have a little bit of their personality show through. My Pittsburgh Steeler's lovin' son managed to sneak in some of his team spirit. Of course there is the famous team spark in the head dress. (I used some Doodlebug Sugar Coating glitter to help give that some sparkle!) And less obvious is the hieroglyphics running down the center of the sarcophagus. They say "Steeler's Rock". Of course I had to snap a few photos before he carted this off to school.



This one I created as a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law. I collected photos and managed to fit in all of her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren! I made an exploding box using my own extended template which allows 4 additional photo areas compared to the standard exploding box. It was decorated in colors to go with her home decor. I think she was really happy with it. This is a great way to create a mini scrapbook that can hold quite a few photos!



3 comments:

  1. Both of these projects are equally Fantastic! I hope your son gets an A++! That Exploding Box is completely Gorgeous Cathy! You really outdid yourself! WTG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love the exploding boxes, but I've yet to tackle one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that exploding box is FABULOUS!!!! :D

    great sarcophagus too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips