/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sugar & Spice


I've been racing to beat the clock to get a mini album made for a friend that is expecting her first baby. I am so happy to let you all know that I completed the album last night. Her due date is TODAY! She has not yet (as of this posting) had the baby. Phew! I got it done in the nick of time!

She knows that she is having a girl. So I used lots of pinks & purples. I mixed in a few browns, greens and reds too. I used a 6x6 chipboard album by Prima Marketing for the book. It is a very nice quality heavy chipboard. The pages are scalloped which just added to the girly look.

I painted and "stickled" the cover (gotta love bling!) then dressed it up a bit with flowers and ribbon. I strung some beads and charms on the binder rings too. I have to tell you, having 3 boys of my own and no girls, it sure is fun to get to play with all the frilly embellishments for a change!

The first few pages will allow her to record the baby's arrival along with her thoughts during her pregnancy and some of those really special "first" moments, like the first bath, or the first time the baby sleeps through the night (she'll be so glad for that time!) Then I set aside a page for each month during the babies first year to place photos and record some milestones or journaling.

Well, I've got tomorrow in the baby pool. So I'm hoping this little girl decides to grace us all with her presence on that special day!

Here are a few of the pages. Thanks for stopping by!





3 comments:

  1. this is a great album...I make mini albums myself - I had fun checking out your blog - if you have a chance visit my blog...I dabble in scrapbooking and card making and all things paper related...

    xo
    tina
    mommyscrapsalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Very Sweet & Cute & Completely Made With Love! XO :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips