/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome Baby Girl!

No. no. we did not have a baby! Friends of ours did. I made the Sugar & Spice album as a gift and needed to create a card. Since I am surrounded by only boys, or rather growing young men, in my house, I don't often get to make girlie things. So I went looking for inspiration. I found this picture of these gorgeous little dresses over at So Sweet Boutique. Aren't they adorable?



And then it hit me... I can make this! So I set out to create a baby girl dress as a card and here is how it turned out. What do you think?



Here is how I made it. I drew a template for the dress and then cut it from pink and white cardstock. I ran a loose stitch through some white tulle to gather it and attached that. I wrapped ribbon around to be the bodice and attached some roses created by gathering pink ribbon. The leaves are simple loops that I made from green ribbon. Then I attached the white cuffs to the sleeves and added the pearl lace to the bottom of the skirt and sleeve cuffs. Voila!

I hope to share the template with you, once I make it look a bit nicer. Right now it's just my sloppy sketching. But first I need to tend to some other things... like getting some of those boys in my life off to basketball practice!

4 comments:

  1. that is the cutest card.. awwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, this is GORGEOUS!!! So pretty! It looks like a real dress! I love all the details...just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dress is fab and the pink ribbon roses are divine :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips