/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yesterday - Today

The beginning of a new year is always a good time to look forward as well as to reflect back on where we have been. I've been working on a page that does just that. Putting together a "Book of Me" has been on my list of things to do for quite sometime. I just never seem to be able to set aside any time for working on this. There are so many other priorities in life. A circle of scrapping friends of mine have decided to keep each other focused on this. We are setting monthly challenges to help get pages for our Book of Me completed. If we do each of the monthly challenges, we will have 12 pages for our albums done at the end of this year! One page a month doesn't seem too bad!

This month's challenge was to record what was going on in the world when you were born. This was really fun. I enjoyed doing the research. The world was oh so different. And yet there are some things that have not changed. I tried to capture this in my design.



I used this really awesome template created by Pam Callaghan. You can grab this template yourself over at Ideas For Scrapbookers. As soon as I saw the template I thought that it would be a really pretty way to present a reflection and comparison of the way things were and how they are now. I used the template to build this digital page. You can also use the template as a sketch for traditional scrapbooking.

I tried to make the two sides of the page look like a reflection of each other with minor differences. After all, everything that we are today is because of what we have experienced in our past. I kept the coloring for the "past" side mostly black and white, while the "current" side is full of color. I journaled some historic items typed on the bracket journal spot and made sure to compare them between the two time periods. I also journaled information about what things cost and made that look like a handwritten grocery list.

I hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse into my life. Perhaps it will inspire you to create such a page for yourself. Or even use the template or some of the techniques. If you do, I'd love to see your pages!


Recipe:
Template: Pam Callaghan
Wild Dandelions: Everyday Memories kit
Brads: Patti Knox
Zig-zag Stitch: Anna Aspnes
Straight Stitch: Britt Designs
B&W paper: Sahlin Studios
Frame: Katie Pertiet
Taped Journal Spot: Katie Pertiet

Fonts: Bohemian Typewriter, Hand of Sean

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips