/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow, Fruit and Prizes!

We are getting ready to get slammed with yet another snow storm. This one is a big one. It's been snowing on my cousins in Virginia since this morning and it's just getting going for us. Great timing that it is on a weekend. The boys and I plan to spend some time playing in the fluffy white stuff. Everyone is worried about getting to the grocery market, having food, supplies and safety through the storm. All I can think about is all the great photos I hope to capture so I have more stuff to scrap!! LOL

I've got some "fruit" to share. A layout I recently completed that has a little play on the word PEAR-PAIR. The Basic Grey Offbeat Collection inspired me to create this title "Perfect Pair". The little pear in the collection was so cute and got me thinking about what a great "pair" my hubby and I are. Valentine's seems like all the more reason to capture this feeling!  My youngest son snapped this very casual, but very 'real" photo of us. I love how well the colors in this line worked with the photo.


I did some paper pleating and stitching to give the page some shape, dimension and texture. I kept the journaling short and sweet and to the point about differences between us that really help make us a great team.... a perfect pair!

And now the prizes!!!!  As a Contributing Artist for Ideas For Scrapbookers, I am hosting a new challenge over at Scrapbook.com.  It's a scraplift challenge.  Each of the Contributing Artists has selected one of her pages for you to choose to scraplift.  Then just submit your page by March 15 for your chance to win one of two fabulous prizes.  One winner will get the GCD Studios BRAND NEW Homespun paper pack and 5 embellies from that line. Isn't that some great stuff???  But that's not all....  The second winner will get a $15 gift certificate to Scrapbook.com!!  You can check out all the requirements at this post on Scrapbook.com. This will be so much fun. I'm really excited to be hosting this challenge and hope that you can come play along!!

2 comments:

  1. love your pear page - they must be popular b/c i just did one too LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know I'm playing along! I've put some closeups on my blog of my layout. I've favourited your layout above too - cause it's just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips