/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, March 1, 2010

Lucky Charms

They are magically delicious, but I'm not talking about a cereal!  In this case, the lucky charms are my kids!  I'm having a hard time believing that it is March already!  Soon things will be turning green.  For St. Patrick's Day!  And maybe, the snow will melt and we see some green grass and beautiful flowers!  OK, I'm hoping I did not just jinx us into getting walloped with another snow storm!  LOL





I made this 2 page layout of the boys and some of their many attempts to  trap a Leprechaun.  My boys have tried every year to build a trap in hopes of capturing a Leprechaun.  The traps often include Lego's, K'nex, pulleys, robots, laundry baskets, you name it!  One thing we have found is that the Leprechaun that visits our house always gets the book the Wizard of Oz off the shelf and leaves it somewhere in the house.  So the boys started using that as bait.

Well, this is a tradition that they are outgrowing.  But I can remember it always in my scrapbooks.  I used my punches and dies to cut shapes to make the Leprechaun and pot of gold.  I used Ranger Ink's Antigue Gold embossing powder on the gold and the hat buckle. That is some awesome stuff.  Really has a nice sparkly shimmer and shine and great texture.  I created the rainbow using Making Memories paints and a Glitz Designs Roller Doodle.

Here is a look at the punched/cut pieces that I used to make up the Leprechaun.




I used the Spellbinder Labels Four for his face, scalloped circles for his beard and hair, hearts for the shamrock.  The hat buckle is Spellbinders Labels One, which I also used as a stencil to draw his mouth.  His nose was made using Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch.  The pot of gold is an oval punched piece that I trimmed.  The gold is punched circles that were embossed.

Hope you have a lucky day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You are so very clever to use the Spellbinders to make the leprauchan. You did an awesome job! Your menu bar looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [19 Mar 01:26pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips