/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Warm Welcome


This was a really fun hybrid project. I made this nice little gift set using the Family Ties Collection from NitWit Collections. Included are an altered candle, a birdhouse decoration, a gift tag and gift bag to present it all. For the candle, I used several of the papers from the collection, and then edge punched them, inked and layered them, placed a few Prima flowers about and wrapped it around the candle. I placed the house as the focal point. (are you picking up on a theme here? LOL).


The birdhouse started out as a bare wood birdhouse ready for treatment. I sanded it and used a few of the papers to decorate the outside, including making some grass with flowers growing in the garden. The roof was made using the apron edge punch by Fiskars. The fascia was made using the Martha Stewart Doily edge punch. The butterfly I punched (also Martha Stewart) then sugar coated with glitter and topped with glossy accents.


To wrap it all up and present the gift I made a gift bag. I started with a plain kraft paper bag. I layered a few NitWit Collections Family Ties papers, stitched them together. The frame in the center is from the NitWit Cottage Charm Collection. There is also a gift tag hanging from the bag, this was made with the Family Ties Collection.

2 comments:

  1. that is a fantastic housewarming gift - gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [19 Mar 01:26pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips