/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sew much...

Life has been handing us so much to do this week! Nothing spectacular or extraordinary, but then again, there is something magical in the everyday moments!  I've been busy running the boys about. One has been preparing for and taking the SAT's, one has baseball, and the Spring Choral performance and one got asked to lead the procession for the Crowning of Mary at church, and oh don't forget there is laundry and yard-work and pets to be taken care of and all the regular mayhem that we call life too!  Sound like your house?  LOL

So all I've got (so far this week) to share is a card and a layout that I managed to get done.

I wrapped embroidery floss around the stamped images of the spools to give this card a little something extra special.

This page was done as part of a challenge on National Scrapbooking Day.  To scrap about why we scrap!  I do really love this craft. I get to combine several of the art forms that I love together to help create a visual and tactile record of our life.  I've always had a passion for photography and a love of colors and shapes and all crafts that allow me to get my hands messy!  My latest love is working with metals. I worked in some pieces of copper on this page.  Thought they blended well with the color scheme.

When I pull all of these passions together and actually get to work at my table, I feel relaxed and mentally at ease.  It's a great time of reflection and adds to the journey I'm making through lofe. So scrapping truly is my therapy!


OK, I've got to get back to all that laundry and regular mayhem.  I hope you enjoyed this brief retreat from your regular daily grind!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips