/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thanks to Teachers


It's that time of year again.... school is about to let out.  Maybe in your area it already has let out and you are off to enjoy the wonder lazy days of summer. Lucky you!  Here, we have just a few more weeks of school.  Which is great, it gave me a bit of time to finish up some teacher gifts I've been working on.

I started out with some plain wooden boxes that you can get at your local craft store.

I sanded and painted the box.  I then used papers from Cosmo Cricket's The Boyfriend collection to cover the box.  Mod Podge was used to adhere them to the box and as a sealer.
The elements are hybrid from a digital set by WM Squared at Scrapmatters called Back to School: Extras.  I just simply sized them, printed and cut them out.  For the one smaller apple, I coated it in Diamond Glaze to give it a nice shiny, button look.

I also used these elements to make cards to slip into the boxes. Using this link for "survival kits" for some ideas,  I typed up the contents of the "survival kit" and "prayer", added the apple border.  After printing and trimming, I mounted them on cardstock.



I really love how fun it is to combine digital, traditional and hybrid scrapping to make useful items.

Now I'm off to work on a thank you gift for the bus driver.  Can't forget them!

4 comments:

  1. that is so fantastic i want to be your kid's teacher now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These boxes are wonderful!!! I LOVE them! The teachers will love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great gifts. You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome gift boxes! got to find me one to decorate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips