/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, June 21, 2010

Birds, Boxes and Butterflies

Strange title, huh?  I was working on some hybrid projects for a Creative Team assignment and got to combine these three B's.

I worked with a kit called Fly Free by Jennifer Barrette.  It's a great kit filled with some calming, relaxing, soothing colors.  The elements lend themselves to home decor, encouragement, pages about the future, changes in life, new chapters. I think I might use them on a BOM page.

I made the box with a template by Geeky Diva Designs called Scalloped Packages.  You can get both the kit and the template at Scrapmatters (click on the links).



I also created a gift tag with the Fly Free kit. The bird and the cage are just so trendy right now.

I layered the papers into the box template and printed out to create the box. I made the tag using basic shapes in Photoshop.  I printed the elements for both separately.  I cut out multiples of the elements and then stacked them.  This gave some really nice dimension and realism to the projects.

I've filled the box with some potpourri and have placed it in the foyer.  Such a pretty thing to see (and smell) when we walk through the door.

I'm thinking the tag may find it's way onto a scrapbook page.

Here are some detail photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips