/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Frame it Up - Hybrid Style!

I've got a quick project for you today.  A picture frame.  I'm going to make it hybrid using some digital scrapbooking papers and some traditional scrapbooking elements.

Start with a plain picture frame that you can get at the craft store for about $1.  Mine happens to be made of wood.  If you would like, you can paint it using your acrylic paints or maybe even apply some crackle texture to it.  My project is going to be a gift for a baby's room so I want a fresh clean look.  I'm painting the edges only.


Print out the digi papers that you want to use. Since the frame I am working with is about 5x7, I printed 8.5x11 sheets of the papers.  Then adhere them to the wooden frame using decoupage medium (Mod Podge).  Allow this to dry thoroughly.

Using an exacto knife, trim the paper to fit the frame inside and out.  Sand the edges of the paper to make them smooth with the frame.


Now it's ready to be sealed.  Apply Mod Podge on the top of your papers to seal it.  Use a thin coat and allow it to dry completely.  It will take about 20 minutes to dry. Sand very lightly and remove any dust. Then apply the next thin coat of Mod Podge.  Repeat. I like to apply at least 3 coats.


Once all the sealant is applied and dried, you can embellish the frame.  This is a great project that can be completed in a few hours.  Have fun and happy scrapping!

Ingrdients:
Picture frame: craft supply
Papers: 10 Tiny Toes digi kit by Stolen Moments (Scrapmatters)
Flowers: Prima (paper) Offray (ribbon)
Ribbon: Karen Foster
Rhinestones: Prima
Pearls: Queen & company (individual), craft supply (string)
Alpha: My Minds Eye
Adhesive/sealant: Mod Podge
Paint: Apple Barrel

3 comments:

  1. What a fun gift! I love this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [17 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips