/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, August 14, 2010

She Sells Sea Shells

This summer we were lucky to have a wonderful family vacation at the beach. We had various extended family coming and going throughout the week. There were close to 30 of us "down the shore" over the week.

The kids all helped me collect some shells knowing that I would end up using them in some creative way.  I really wanted to make something that gave me that relaxed, happy feeling that we get the instant we smell the salt air, hear the waves and feel the sand between our toes.  Of all the photos that were taken, there was one picture of my cousins son and one of my boys that epitomized "chill-axing".  So of course I had to use that photo.

Looking at one of the shells gave me the idea to create a scene in the shell.  I used several digital scrapbooking kits. Sail Away by Erica Zane, Drift Away by Graham Like the Cracker, Ohana by Britt-sh Designs, Coastal Getaway, Sea Sand Sun (design team collabs) (all from Scrapmatters).



I also used shells and sand that I collected. Yes, sand.  I made a paste with the sand, craft glue and Diamond Glaze and spread that over the "beach" that I created.  Stickles and Smooch helped accent the waves.  I hot glued 2 glass pieces (the ones you can use to decorate a hurricane candle) under the shell to keep it steady.

This photo gives a better look at the sandy beach that I created.


Now I can keep this on my desk and feel like I'm "chill-axing" at the beach anytime!

Here is a digital scrap page that I made with some photos from this vacation as well.

I have quite a few more photos to work with from our vacation. Look for more beach themed projects coming from me soon!

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea: making a desk ornament with shells and stuff! loving the surfboards, indeed! great page too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic projects! I love them!!! Fabulous ideas! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So flippin amazing! I love both of your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips