/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Day of Art

Today I was fortunate to visit the opening of a gallery showing by artist Jesse Harrington. Jesse is a phenomenally talented sculptor.  And the nephew of a friend of mine.  He is a kind and spirited person whose visions are transferred through the work of his hands in media such as plaster, metals, stone, marble and wood. I was in awe of his shear talent.  Please stop by his web site to peruse some of his wonderful work, click HERE.

I took a nice drive home through the country side to enjoy the beauty of this breezy sun-filled day.  I said some prayers for all those that lost their lives nine years ago today in the horrible 9-11 attacks on the US.  I said prayers for their families that somehow manage to continue on. Their strength and faith gives me great inspiration.  I also said prayers for all the troops that are fighting for us, for all the emergency responders that put their lives on the line everyday to help us.

When I got home, I had a special reward waiting for me!  I recently took a course called The Art of Digital Design. It was instructed by the very talented Jessica Sprague and Carina Gardner.  Upon completion of the course, the participants had the ability to gain certification as digital designers by passing an exam and submitting a kit for critique. A took and passed the exam several weeks ago.  Today, I got my critique returned!!!  And it was fantastic.  Carina truly took her time and reviewed every aspect of the kit that I designed. Her feedback is extremely valuable and I am grateful for all the time, effort and sharing of talent and creativity that she and Jessica put into the course as well as the certification process.

To celebrate, I'm going to share a mini-kit based on the full kit I designed for the course. You can grab a copy by clicking the link below.



Download {this link is now expired} Click HERE to view the full kit.

Link will only be available for a limited time. Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Interested in the full kit?  It's available at my shop. Click HERE or on the menu link at the top of my blog.

Say a prayer and never forget what happened on September 11, 2001.

And be certain to enjoy today!
Until next time,
Happy Scrapping!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much - the mini is great!!

    Sandy J

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love the car and the papers!! Thanks so much for sharing =). - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddaughter will be getting her driver's permit the end of October. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is lovely, I love the brown circles and frame! Totally adore this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scrappycath, congratulations on the completion of your designer course...and on your first kit too! thank you for sharing your mini! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips