/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Splashing with Paint

Hey there - I've got a quick and easy project to share today. I've got lots of pics from several years past that I really would like to get scrapped. If there is a way to save time and help me get it done, I'm on the look out for it!
For this page I worked with the 4x6 prints, that's always a time saver. I only trimmed down the smaller picture.  I had scraps of these fun papers from Cosmo Cricket that went with the pool theme. Working with papers and elements all from the same product line is another time saver.

To create the splashy-water border I used my watercolor paints and some Stickles before adhering the patterned papers and photos. I also took my brush to the edge of the paper to add some dimension.  I just had fun with them creating a swirly flow.  I added the element block, and some Rain Dot epoxy stickers to look like the Popsicle is melting, and add to the "splash: effect. I placed some flowers with a button center to create a design triangle. Then added my very brief journaling in my own handwriting.

Easy-peesy-lemon-squeezy!  Done.  One memory preserved!

Want to see some more ideas for using paint on your layouts?  Check out the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog today.  We are featuring a Designer Showcase using paint!

Ingredients:
Cardstock: American Crafts
Pattern paper: Cosmo Cricket
Journal block: Cosmo Cricket
Epoxy stickers:  Cloud 9
Stickles
Watercolor paint
Flowers: Queen & Co.
Button: Blumenthal Lansing

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips