/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vintage box

This is a project I've been wanting to do for so long.  I wanted a box that would look really pretty in my living room and would be able to hold some mini-albums and treasures. I really do like things that can be functional. I found this box by Creative Imaginations  a few months ago and it was on sale!  Even better, right?!!
Then I just could not find the papers that I wanted to use.  I spent a lot of time searching for something that would fit in and feel like it represents me.  That would give me that vintage feeling yet mix well with my more current and modern pieces.  Something that speaks to my creative side, and that would always give me a positive upbeat feeling when I look at it.

And then I found them!  The moment I laid eyes on the Retrospect 365 Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp, I knew they were the ones for me and for this project.  The papers are gorgeous, full of rich deep colors and the designs are fabulous.  Butterflies, birds and florals with a slight shabby, vintage feel to them.  OMG - I love them!  You'll be seeing me use these on more projects.

This took me several days to make.  I wanted to apply many coats of Mod Podge Hard Coat to give that nice non-tacky surface that is easy to keep clean.  I like to let each coat dry thoroughly and sand between coats.  Sometimes when you complete a project that takes you a while to create, you feel such added pride when you finally get to reveal it.  Like it's your "baby".  Well..... meet my baby!

I used lots of Prima and Recollections flowers.  Doesn't that Prima butterfly look like it was meant to be there?


Even the back of this box is dressed up.

Here is a view of the side

And a close up view of the top including those awesome vintage buttons.
I hope you have enjoyed viewing my latest creation. I certainly had a wonderful time creating it.


Please feel free to leave a comment, I really enjoy reading them!

Happy crafting!

Ingredients:
Box: Creative Imaginations
PP: Quirky Twerp
Paint: Apple Barrel, Smooch
Sealer: Plaid
Buttons: Websters
Pearls: Zva Creative
Chipboard: Fancy Pants
Flowers: Prima, Recollections
Leaves: Prima
Trim: Fancy Pants
Ribbon: Prima, Wrights
Butterfly: Prima
Metal: Tim Holtz

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, it's so hard to believe that box came from such humble beginnings!! I love the feet you used and those gorgeous flowers!! You did a fabulous job on this Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! What a gorgeous project!!!!! very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous project!! Fabulous! Thanks for linking it to Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips