/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, October 22, 2010

Filtered Flowers

A few months ago, Dolores shared this awesome flower tutorial at Ideas for Scrapbookers. I've been so wanting to make one of these ever since!  I finally got the chance to try out this flower this week. Dolores is one of my Contributing Artist "sisters" over at Ideas for Scrapbookers, she has an awesome style and creates beautiful scrapbook pages. You can read more at her blog The Joy of Scrapbooking.


I used a white coffee filter. I did spray it with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist to give it a blingy look before cutting out the petals. I hope you can see that detail.  The flower center is Prima.  This was really easy to do and fun to make. I love that it is made using a household item.... and one that doesn't cost a fortune!


Ingredients:
Coffee Filters
Ink: Tattered Angels, Colorbox
Papers: Haynay Designs
Gems: Prima
Template by Carina

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this. I fillow Dolores' blog, but missed this one somehow. Went back to check it out! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card!!! I now know what I am going to do with that flower I made from her tutorial... I too couldn't wait to make it & I did, but had nothing to do with it at the time! I need to make a thank you card & that is what I am going to use it for! thanks for the idea!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips