/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Center of Giving Thanks

Several years ago I created this wall hanging for Thanksgiving.  We hang it in the kitchen at the start of each November. The clip hold strips of paper (I use some of the scraps from my crafting for this). During the month of November we each write things that we are thankful for on one of the strips of paper and then slip it into the pocket.  We can do this daily or whenever the mood hits us.  Then on Thanksgiving day, we sit at the table and read the strips. It's fun to guess who the author of each strip is and it's great to share in the many blessings we have individually and as a family.  I save the strips each yea. I keep saying that I'm going to scrap them. Wouldn't they make great journal strips?  Yeah - hopefully I'll get a round to that ... soon!


This year I've created a new centerpiece for our Thanksgiving table. I've had the glass hurricane for a while, I thought I would dress it up.  My dad gave me a whole bunch of rolled corrugated cardboard.  I used that for the base. I then printed out some paper from the DigiChick collab kit Season of Thankfulness I gave it some shape using the Pillow Box Template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff.  The strip on top of that is also make from papers and word art in the Season of Thankfulness kit.  I punched the edge with a Fiskars edge punch.

I then clustered some hand made and Prima flowers along with some dried sprigs on top of some gems and a Prima butterfly.  Here are some more pictures so you can see it from other angles.
Oh and the candle is a wonderful aromatic cinnamon pecan candle. Yummy!

Pardon the wrinkles in my table cover, I didn't take the time to iron it, just wanted to cover the table to take the photos.  Hope you enjoy this project idea and have a wonderful weekend!



Shared at:

3 comments:

  1. Cathy, your centerpiece is GORGEOUS, and I love your thankful board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candles are absolutely gorgeous Cathy!!! I love all the sparkle and those stunning blue flowers. So rustic yet so elegant at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips