/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The gift (Birdhouse)

Did you see the card I made yesterday?  It's one post back.  Well, today I made the gift to go with that card.
This started out as a wooden birdhouse.  I sanded it, painted it and then adhered papers using Mod Podge.  The papers are from the Vita Fortunata pack by Quirky Twerp (same set I used for the card!).
I used the apron lace border punch by Fiskars to create detail for the roof and rail edges.  Red paint and a ring cut from the blue paper in the pack create a nice finish to the entryway.
I trimmed the side edges of the roof with scallop scissors. All of the papers have been sealed with a few coats of Hard Coat Mod Podge.
The bottom is trimmed with some velvet ric-rak. The flowers are Prima and Recollections, gems are Zva, and the pearls are from Queen & Co.

I sure do hope the recipient likes it!

Now to go wrap it all up so I can give it to her!

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty birdhouse. I think you may only get female birds to live there *Laugh*. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That birdhouse is simply stunning! How could she not love it?!

    I love birdhouses and paint one for my son's preschool every year: http://www.prettyhandygirl.com/2010/11/birdhouses-with-style.html

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. *eek*... oh my goodness.. this is the cutest birdhouse ever!!!!!
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is gunna have to be one fancy bird! :)
    Love this and the card! Thanks for linking up at Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THX for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I just made my first Mod Podge birdhouse last night! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips