/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, January 7, 2011

Got Heart?

Or hearts????  I got this vision in my head the other morning and wanted to turn it into a card.  Have you ever seen a design in your mind and while you are trying to create it you think..... "What was I thinking???"  LOL  That happened to me on this one!!!
When I saw the new Sugar Blossom kit by Quirky Twerp, I fell in love with the pretty papers, and this design is what popped into my mind.  I didn't really plan out how I would get all those hearts onto the card. But I knew I wanted to feature each of the gorgeous papers equally.  So the over zealous organizer in me took over.

I cut the hearts and placed them in individual little ziplock bags sorted by paper. I then numbered each bag 1 through 12 (there are 12 papers in that kit).  This way I could apply the hearts in a pattern and have each paper represented equally.  Crazy, huh?
Then I sat with a pair of tweezers and adhered each heart.  All 89 of them!  And you know what? It was a really relaxing task!  See?  Paper crafting really is cheaper than therapy!

I stitched the background papers using my sewing machine, stamped the sentiment and voilĂ , a beautiful Valentine card with heart, or hearts in this case, was created!!!







Ingredients:
Digital kit: Quirky Twerp
Paper: Epson Premuim Presentation Matte
Ink: Colobox, Stampin' Up!
Thread: Coats & Clark
Stamp: Technique Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. I think it's cute that you were so organized and felt you needed to represent each paper! That is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. I love organization and this turned out super cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips