/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, February 4, 2011

You Make My Heart Sing

 Seriously, when I spied the little bird cage in the Je t'aime kit by WM [sqaured] Designs, my heart started to sing!  It's adorable!  I knew I had to create something with it.... and this is what I made.

I designed the card in Photoshop first. Then I printed all the elements individually. I cut everything out. Ran the layers of papers through my sewing machine for a shabby stitched look.

To coat the cage and bird with glitter, I ran them though my Xyron upside down to apply adhesive, then sprinkled them with the glitter.


Small pieces cut from the edge of a double sided adhesive foam squares package made easy work of bending the cage wires out for some dimension. I made a duplicate of the bird and cut a second wing portion out to adhere on the outside of the cage.  Spanish Moss made interesting nest material.


4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips