/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Busy Weekend?

Are you enjoying your weekend?  Mine is gonna fly by.  There is always too much stuff to get done.  This weekend includes all the usual chores, my oldest working, my youngest having baseball practice, and more laundry than you can imagine.  Or maybe you can!  In which case, I completely sympathize!

This weekend also includes the Annual Special Needs Resource Fair that I put together with some help from some special social workers.  The 3 of us have managed for many years now to gather up resources of all sorts that offer services to people of all ages with any type of special needs.  It's a fairly big event. We get many, many families in attendance.  It takes about 4-5 months of planning and contacting people to bring it all together. I do this as a volunteer. But at the end of the day, when I realize how many people got to find out about and meet with a resource that just might help make their loved ones life and even their lives just a little bit better, well, that's what makes it all worth it.

I'll be wiped out after it's over. So if  you don't hear from me for a few days, I'm probably resting..... or just sitting in my chair digi scrapping!

Here are a few other projects that I did this week and wanted to share.
It's been so cold here for so long I'm just aching for some Spring time warmth. So I created this cute little birdhouse ornament.

And are you ready for this?  I got started on my 2012 calendar. Yep you read that correctly 2012!!  Having just finished my 2011 calendar in February (poor January never even got displayed!), I vowed to not let it wait until the last minute!
 Since I never do any scrapping chronologically, I'm not doing my calendar in order either.  I started with November, just cause those were the pictures that moved me.  These are my boys when they were younger.  Just a simple afternoon of playing in the leaves.  Yet these are some of my most cherished photos. I love their expressions, my son Kevin even made eye contact!  Simple times, but great memories

Here is how it looks as a full calendar.  Well, I've got to be running.  Hope you are making the most of your weekend!







Ingredients:
Birdhouse Ornament
Digi kit: In the Birdhouse by Mari Koegelenberg
Sweet Birdhouse template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

November Calendar
Family Matter by WM Squared Designs and Graham Like the Cracker
Sunshine in Your Heart by Plum Dumpling Designs and Jeanine DeOre
Frosty by WM Squared Designs
Be Inspired by Ulrika by WM Squared Designs
With Thankful Hearts by Chelle's Creations
Calendar it: 2012 by Krisi's Kreations

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful projects! I hope you get through that laundry quick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips