/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Secret Crush Pocket Card

 Here's a quick card project for you.  A pocket card that is turned on it's side!

I made this using the digital kit Orange Crush by Jennifer Labre.  It's for the It's In The Cards Challenge today over at ScrapMatters. You should check it out!  You can snag the template for this card FREE!

You know I tend to make things that are masculine - after all, I live with my hubby and sons, so I'm surrounded by "guys".  I wanted this card to work equally well for a male recipient as it would for a female.  So here is how I accomplished that.

The fold-over edge is dry embossed using the Tim Holtz Bricked and Woodgrain embossing folder. I then gave it a touch of bling by spritzing it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Antique Bronze.  This little bit of sparkle plays off the glittery elements and flowers on the front of the card.

I used the epoxy sticker element to create a tab to pull the inside card from the pocket.  So cute, it says "I've got a crush on you". On the inside card I left space to list 10 things that you love about the recipient.

Thanks to Amanda (abhall76) for sharing this fun template through the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips