/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wrapping up Some Home Decor

Hey there!  Remember me telling you about all the cardboard wrap that my dad gave me?  Yep, I'm still trying to use it up!  You can see it in this project!
This was a typical large Yankee jar candle.  Then I set out with some paper, craft knife and glue and transformed it!
I printed out some digi papers for the wrap, label and flower.  To create the flower, I punched several scallop circles from paper that I printed on both sides (2-sided).  I then spritzed them with water and scrunched them up. After unscrunching them (is that a word? Well, it is now!), I gathered them in the center using a brad and rescrunched (another new word??!!) them into the flower shape.  I sprayed it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to add a bit of sparkle. A Queen and Company pearl completes the center.

I adhered the flower to a label cut from the same paper (just featuring the other side) using a Spellbinders Die. Added some punched leaves, and gems. I used hot glue to attach the paper wrap to the cardboard.
I'd really like to be able to use this when the candle is done, so I made it easy to remove and place on another candle.  I used eyelets and ribbon to lace it up like a corset.  So even the back is pretty too!

I must add a disclaimer that you should never leave candles burning unattended or near anything flammable, you should extinguish the flame if the jar becomes excessively hot, or the candle burns down to less than .25" remaining in the bottom (it could cause the glass to crack).  You should trim the wick so the flame is not too large, do not burn the candle with the lid on. You should place your candle on a heat tolerant surface away from breezes or direct air circulation.  I have to include this info, my husband the Fire Marshal would be upset if I did not!

Hope this inspires you to dress up a jar candle to go with your home decor or as a nice gift for someone special.

3 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [03 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome project!!! I absolutely love your creative idea. I especially like how you tied the back!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips