/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cousins

**Update - we had some sunshine today, so I got a little bit better photo of the layout.**
Really wish that I had a better photo of this layout to share. April showers were pouring down today, so my lighting was very dim.  See those dark flowers?  Those are actually a lovely shade of purple velvet.  They pick up the colors from the photo and add a nice soft texture.

It's been a while since I've gotten to scrap an entire page with actual papers and elements. I've been doing a lot of digi scrapping recently. I really like that there is no adhesive in digi-scrapping, so if I want to move an element, I just slide it over with my mouse. No ripping things apart!  Another nice part to it, it's so much easier to share a true representation of the final product since it is already digital!

I did this page for this weeks Designer Showcase over at Ideas For Scrapbookers.  We are all sharing projects using ledger papers.  A timely showcase considering that it is tax time here in the states!

This is a photo of my cousin Jill and I. We are typically both the mammarazzi with our cameras capturing the action at family vacations and get togethers. So it's rare to have us in a photo, and really special to have us in the same photo! Many thanks to my other cousin (and also a mammarazzi) Kristin for snapping this photo. It has quickly become a treasure of mine!

Would you believe that all of the items on this page are from my stash?  Yep. I fell in love with the Cosmo Cricket papers when they came out. I bought them, but never really had a page to do with them!  I don't often get to make "girly" pages. But this photo was perfect for this project.  You see, my cousin, she's an accountant. So the ledger papers combined with the flowers and feminine elements was just right for this photo!

I triple layered a few different border punched papers beneath the photo and simply used my finger tip to ruffle them up a bit.  The twill measuring tape ribbon is folded in the corner and held by a decorative stick pin. You can get a better idea of the color of those purple flowers in the photo above.

My hand writing is not the neatest. But I still appreciate hand writing journaling on my pages.  It reads "We may be cousins, as the years go by, we seem more like sister friends"

Hop on over to Ideas For Scrapbookers to get a look at what the other artists did with ledger papers.

And make sure you've gotten your taxes submitted!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute layout! It's often hard to get pictures of yourself when you are the photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips