/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cows and Trains

Strange title? Sure - but that's what I've been working on!  I created the above scrapbook page with some pics from a few years back. My folks live in the countryside. My middle son loves seeing all the cows and farm animals when we get to visit.  This kit "EIEIO" by Chelle's Creations was just perfect for making this page.

I was looking to make a graduation card for my oldest son. He is graduating from high school this year. I wanted the card to be masculine, but fun. Since it is such a cross-roads point in his life, I decided to focus on the accomplishments he has gained to this point as well as the promise of the future that lies ahead of him.
I made the card look like a schedule board in a train station.  It shows his graduation, and entrance to college as the trains in the schedule. I thought this would be quite unique. Since he was a young boy, trains have been one of the things that fascinate him.


Hope you are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love the LO & the card!! The card is super creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever graduation card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy, Thank you for your sweet comment and for the link to my blog at ideasforscrapbookers!
    The graduation card for your son is so cool! What a great idea to make it look like a schedule board at a train station. I'm sure he'll love it.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips