/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, April 8, 2011

Everlasting Bouquet

Flowers that won't wilt!  What a wonderful gift these would make.  That's just what I have done. I made these to be used as a teacher thank you gift. They would also make a great Mother's Day gift.

Even cooler - they are actually pens.  Imagine how chic these will look sitting on a desk, and they are functional too! Now imagine them done in the Brides colors along with a box of thank you notes, wouldn't that be a sweet shower gift?

I made these using papers from the DigiChick collab kit Wishes, Hopes and Dreams.  This was a fun project as I got to use a few different materials and techniques. There's some oragami folding in there, along with bling, ribbon, lace, wet-paper scrunching, and fancy cutting.  There's even some kidney beans too!

I also made these for the Shabby Tea Room challenge this week.
This weeks challenge was to create something using the above photo as inspiration.  Aren't those colors just yummy?

Want to make some yourself?  I'm sharing the tutorial over at The Hybrid Chick today.

After I typed the title for this post, I keep thinking of Willy Wonka and the Everlasting Gobstoppers! hehehehe!

8 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous gift Cathy!! And nutritious too! Love the colours and the touch of sparkle on the tops and tips of the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Cathy ... these are amazing! What a great project and lovely gift!! The bold and bright colors are very striking and I love the unique gift idea! Thanks for sharing at THC and in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Cathy, those are soooo gorgeous!! You did a great job creating them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cathy, the flowers are absolutely fabulous. I am lost for words - I just LOVE them!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx
    PS: THank you so much for following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are stunning! Thanks for joining us at the Shabby Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting this idea. I will definitely make one for my kid's teacher. I just hope they turn up to be a beautiful creation like yours. Definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips