/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, April 1, 2011

Note Cards for Autism

 I've created a set of note cards inspired by my experiences with autism. These sets are available for sale in my Etsy Shop Scrappycath Creations. These cards are perfect for those notes you would like to send to a teacher, a friend, a neighbor or co-worker. The colors are bright and reflect the diversity of the people on the spectrum. The images are positive and inspiring to symbolize the hope I have of seeing a world more understanding and accepting, a world where the talents and skills of people dealing with autism can be appreciated and encouraged to blossom.

On the butterfly design, I arched them in the shape of a rainbow as it is so full of promise.  I lifted one butterfly to represent the uniqueness of each person on the spectrum. Someone once said to me, "If you've met one person with autism, you don't know what autism is, you've simply met ONE person with autism".  It is so true. 
The hand print design includes a heart at the center of each hand. This is a symbol of the love and care that people on the spectrum offer and receive, as well as the mark they will leave on your heart. Knowing and working with someone that is on the autism spectrum will open your eyes and your heart to a world you might never have known existed. It will give you a new viewpoint on life. We often hear of the struggles of living with autism, I'm not trying to belittle them, they are very real, I know, we live with autism in our house. However, as trying as it can be, it is a wonderful, journey. I thank God for blessing me with each of my children and the special qualities they have.

There are 12 note cards in the set. Each card measures 4.25"x5.25"  The set includes 2 of the butterfly with "Thank You", 2 butterfly with "Just a note", 2 butterfly with no sentiment and 6 of the hand print design.  All are blank inside for you to add your own note. They come with 12 matching envelopes and are sweetly packaged in a clear box tied up with a ribbon. They are great to give as a gift just as they are!

I hope you don't mind this long post sharing this new creation, but I feel it is important. You see, I have also been a very active member of the autism community. I help to run a parent support group that assists many families that are living with autism. We help them with issues that are faced by their children and adult relatives diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders, as well as all the many special concerns that are present for siblings of a special needs person. A portion of the proceeds from all sales at my Etsy shop during the month of April, Autism Awareness Month, will be donated to that support group called Sharing & Caring.

Thank you for listening and learning and thank you always for all of your support.








Watermarks on the images are only for the web postings.

2 comments:

  1. I love those notecards! Thank you for all your hardwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! I shared with the group Mommies of Miracles on Facebook. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips