/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Recoloring Alphas and more Metal

Today is the reveal of another Designer Showcase at Ideas For Scrapbookers using the same sketch.  Every other month one of the contributing artists creates a sketch and we all design a project based on that sketch. This time Heather created this awesome sketch for us.

I dug out some older photos of my boys when they were young and here is what I created.
 
The opportunity to create a page with a truck on it just begged for me to play with some metal!  You know I love to work with metal!! {insert happy dance!}  I used some Ten Seconds Studio slate sheet metal to create the diamond plating.  Sanding it lightly gave it that worn/silvery look on the raised parts. The stars at the top are also metal that I embossed with some Tim Holtz folders and colored with alcohol inks.
The alpha that I used for the word "Firemen" is from Prima.  They are really cool, they are a linen material.  Super flexible.  They came in a cream color. But I really wanted red to go with the firetruck.  A little dabbing of alcohol inks..... 
..... and now they are red!
See the tiny alpha for the word "in"?  That started out as a hot pink glittery alpha from Making Memories (pink = not gonna cut it on a "boy" page! LOL)  So I took the alcohol inks to those too....
In the photo above the "n" has been recolored, the "i" is still the original pink.  Pretty easy to do!
OK now let's get a look at that firetruck.


As you know my hubby is in the fire service. He has spec'd out and had several firetrucks built over the years. When I told him I was building a fire truck..... he was baffled. But he was pleasantly surprised with the end result. It's all paper pieced together. I used paper from the Prima back Rock On Bro' for the red - it's all shiny just like a real fire truck!

These photos may not be the best quality photographs, but they are some really precious memories. I'm so glad to have them preserved on a nice page now.

Want to see what the other artists did with Heather's sketch?  Hop on over to Ideas For Scrapbookers.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. That is a a wonderful little layout! Love those pictures and your techniques on the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [21 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips