/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Projects

When we think of spring, we think of warm sunshine, flowers and trees blossoming, life starting a new..... and baseball.  The flowers have blossoms, the trees have only begun to bud, and we have baseball.  I'm still waiting for the warmth to arrive!

As for life starting a new.... I'm hoping new life will be brought to my clothes washer. It died several days ago.  I've had repairmen out twice and the plumber out.  We believe we have the plumbing issue taken care of. But the washer would not come back to life. Seems the clogged up plumbing caused the washer's pump to die.  Hopefully the part will be in early this week so I can get some laundry done!

Adding to all that laundry is baseball season!  Between practices and in house and travel games we have baseball events everyday. Before we know it, we will be complaining about how hot it is at the games.  For now, we are still bundled up, but enjoying them just the same.



To help get you in the Spring spirit, I've got a few projects to share.  I made an Easter card using April Grace by Laurie Ann. I absolutely fell in love with the tree in this kit. I added a gradient mask of color to draw some attention to the tree.

 Inside I added an Easter wish and a cute scene using the basket and eggs from the kit.

For this round card I used Springy The Elements and Springy The Papers both by WM Squared Designs. I used the ring element to create the scalloped edge for the card.  The roses are actually paper.  I printed multiples, cut them out and layered them with pop dots between.  I added pearls in the center. They have so much dimension, they look real!

For this basket of goodies I used the Easter Basket Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff, the Carrot Box Template Set and Cutting Files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff and Egghead Kit by Pixel Gypsy.  The basket is dressed up with some stickles, lace, flowers and leaves. The flower center is made from a glittered brad inserted through the holes on a button.

I used Spanish moss for the top of the carrot.  I left one section of the top of the carrots able to be opened. Tis way the Easter bunny can fill them with yummy goodies!

Hope you find some inspiration in these projects. I'm off to move mountains.  Mountains of laundry that is!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips