/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wedding Shadowbox

I've been so anxious to share this project with you. I completed it quite a while ago, but it is for a friend that is getting married soon. Her shower is today so now that she has opened her gift, I can finally share it with you!

This is a hybrid project. I used digital scrapbook papers from Vanilla Noir and Vita Fortunata both by Quirky Twerp. The colors and patterns in these kits is absolutely amazing. They are so rich and elegant. That's why I keep using them over and over again on my projects!

 
To create the heart I rolled a bunch of roses. I used Paper Roses by The Cutting Files to cut the paper. Then I sat and rolled them up tightly. I dab of hot glue at the bottom secured them.  I designed the background in Photoshop and adhered the roses around the heart that I created.  I secured a string of pearls around the edge of the heart for some added elegance.

Isn't it gorgeous? I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope that this will adorn their home for many, many years and be a reminder of the love they have for each other and the vows they are sharing.

Many blessings Candace and Andrew!







Shared at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. Your gift is beautiful...very nicely done. She's lucky you made it for her. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly stunning wedding gift Cathy -the Roses are totally awesome. LOVE it!Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out really Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips