/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, May 2, 2011

Got Cake?

I've been working on wedding cards quite a bit recently. I hope you're not tiring of seeing them.  I've been trying to make many different designs, so hopefully the variety will pique your interest.  


I made this for a certain someone that is getting married soon. My inspiration came from the gift that I made for the couple. It has a heart shape in it.  As well as this weeks Shabby Tea Room post.

 The challenge this week is to use the above photo for color inspiration and use blue, white (or cream) and a neutral. The blues that I used are in line with the wedding colors for this bride. I've got some neutral colors in the small roses on the front and inside of the card.


I found the white flowers in the wedding aisle of the craft store and thought that they would look great on a wedding card.

The real surprise to this card is what is inside................


A wedding cake!  I found the cutting files for this yummy cake here.  What an extremely talented artist. I am in awe of Carol's creative mind!


With a little bit of engineering, I was able to work out my design in Photoshop to include the decor as well as allow for the cake to be cut correctly.

I used a few digi goodies from the Digichick to create this card.  I recolored the blossoms on one of the Spring Ballet Accent Clusters by Laitha's Designs.  I wanted the colors to match the brides.


I used flowers from the Vanilla Noir kit by Quirky Twerp to decorate the top of the cake. I also used paper from that pack for the inner liner and outside of the card.  The background paper for the inside of the card is from Iced Latte Paper Pack by Kellie Mize.

I hope that the couple finds this card as yummy as I do!

There will be more wedding and graduation stuff coming up soon. I'm also taking part in a HUGE iNSD blog hop on May 7 with a whole bunch of the ScrapMatters team. There will be all kinds of freebies along the way. Including something from yours truly!  So be sure to come back for that.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is incredible! Your colors are gorgeous and that design is way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness !!! What a stunning card!!!! Was it hard to make? It looks hard :-) Yu did a spectular job decorating the inside as well as the outside!! Just gorgeous!!!Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a cake on the inside!! Divine! Absolutely stunning - thanks so much for joining us at the Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the colors.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Awesome cut file! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is stunning! That looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this gorgeous inside and out. I am so in love with the 3d making. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just an amazing card Cathy!I'm sure this is one card the bride will treasure and show off forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolutely gorgeous card, inside and out! LOVE the 3-D effect, and all the beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a totally wonderful card. I am sure the couple will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing card!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    -Adri
    www.macheriecreations.com

    PS: I am a new follower (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gabriela RodríguezJune 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM

    Ooooooh!! Is Wonderful, amazing and o.O! Gorgeous! Amazing details!! Congratulations from Latin America!!
    El arte 3D manda! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a goregous wedding card. Who wouldn't love to get this. Such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just amazing, very very beautiful, love the colours and your creativity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips