/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tissue Box Cover

Achoo!  It's allergy season.  Lucky for me I don't really suffer from allergies. Although I do usually get a cold during allergy season.  But watching my husband and my one son that deal with allergies... I'll take the head cold instead!
To pretty things up in the house during this season, I made this tissue box cover.  A pretty simple project.  You're basically just making 2 boxes, a tall one for the bottom and a short one for the lid.
I used an edge punch to give the lid a tiny bit of elegance and detail.  With a house full of guys, I kept it not too girly!  Just some simple ribbon and a little embellished flower to trim it.

I used a Spellbinders die to cut the hole for the top.  The Labels Four set seemed to go well with the design of the patterned paper.
I added some support by making a base from recycled corrugated cardboard.  I love it when I can recycle items and make them useful again.








Ingredients:
Digital Kit: Second Spring (Stolen Moments)
Digital Papers: Kraft-tacular (GeniaBeana Scraps)
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: Ranger
Dies: Spellbinders
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon: American Crafts
Adhesives: Scotch, Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Do you have the dementions you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of the sides is cut at 5" wide, by 5.25" tall. The width is scored .5" from one long end to create a flap to glue under the next side. This would make the finished sides 4.5" wide by 5.25" tall.

      The top is cut at 6.5" square. It is scored 1" from each side. This creates the side flaps with a finished top of 4.5" square.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips