/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, June 10, 2011

Altered CD Case Mini/Photo Display

I've got another graduation related project to share. And it's one where I've done some recycling. You know I love it when I can re-purpose something... doing my little bit to help our environment!!

I've recycled a CD Case to create a mini album/photo display. I used the soon to be released collaboration kit by the designers at The Digichick called Around the World. Yep - the same one that I used to make the banner in my previous post.  This is a great kit with wonderful colors, textures and designs.  The travel motif's with the vintage feel really lend well to a then-now mini album.


Right now I've included photos of my son from kindergarten and his senior year. On the image above, you can see that I've set teh "adventure" banner to be "pulled" by the airplane using bakers twine.


I've also included a few of my favorite inspirational quotes.  Not only will this make a great display item throughout his graduation celebration, but it will also be a handy little reminder of how far he has come and the promises of the future!

Would you like to know how to make one? I'm sharing a tutorial for this over at The Hybrid Chick today.

Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea Cathy! My DH who is a music-head has boxes and boxes of cd cases he doesn't use...hope to repurpose them. I'm off to read your tutorial...hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips