/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Follow Your Dreams

Have I mentioned that we have a really big graduation coming up in my family?  My oldest son is graduating from high school in a few days. I know he is much more excited about this day than I am. Oh sure, I'm looking forward to celebrating the accomplishments in his life. I'm just not ready for my baby to be so grown up!
I'm getting the house ready for the party!  I wanted to share this banner I created.  I used a new collab kit by the designers at The Digichick called Around the World. This kit will be featured at The DailyDigi for the Month of June 2011 before it comes home to The Digichick in July 2011.


I didn't want the typical "Congratulations" type graduation banner. When I got this kit to work with in advance, I knew it would be perfect for designing a really awesome grungy, vintage banner with a lot more meaning. My son is studying engineering and has hopes of a career in the aeronautical field.  The travel elements in this kit were just right!

I added some Tim Holtz stamps with great encouraging messages of hope and a positive look toward the future.  I used the included cut files as well as fussy cut some elements that I layered on the tags for dimension.
And of course, the banner spells out my message "Follow Your Dreams".
I used ribbon to secure the tags to twine.  Which added to the charm of the banner.

I've got more to do to get ready.  Enjoy your week!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the new graduate and the whole family...hope you all have a blast at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Proud Mommy! ;) And way to go on such a beautiful banner! I <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I absolutely love this banner! We would love to use this as the inspiration for our nursery! It would be a great gender neutral centerpiece. Thank you for sharing with Tip Junkie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips