/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Make the Day Count

Hi there!  Wow, I can not believe that summer is here and in full swing. This year is really flying by!  18 months ago my husbands neice got engaged. When they set the date for their wedding, I thought it was so far off in the distance. But here it is already. Today.  Congratulations to Nicole and Matt as they start their new life together!!!

The big events in life stand out in our memories as we revisit the milestones in our lives. They certainly are an important part of our lives. But it's all those little moments that truly make our life what it is, that build our character, connect us to friends and family, and give life interest and direction.  Not to be too cliché, I want to encourage you to make the most of everyday!

That is the emotion behind my latest project that I would like to share with you. You know that I love mixed-media art.  Lately I've been working on some mixed-media canvas art.  For this project, I was inspired by Christy Tomlinson. She is an amazing artist with great vision and a very down-to-earth person.

I've got a mix of materials used on this including; just about anything I could grab within reach of my craft desk at the moment, and a few found objects.  What I really love about this project is that it is a reflection of me. On one particular day, at one particular moment. Captured. Remembered.

As an artist, I see my role not only to create, but also to express, and record. To record those little moments and big milestones. To capture memories. To preserve feelings, emotions, thoughts, dreams, ambitions and aspirations.

I'll leave you with a few more close-ups. Then I've got to go...... I've got a wedding to get myself and the family ready to attend!




1 comment:

  1. Cathy, this is really kewl I thought about taking this class, but I have so many classes I started never finished...

    Don't forget to add it to our linking party here
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips