/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shabby Patriot

 I had the pleasure of working with 2 new products this week.  A digital kit by Sherwood Studios called Summer Celebration. It is filled with great shabby-chic papers and elements with a bit of a vintage feel. Just take a look:


The other is a set of digital stamps with a modern, whimsical feel.  The set, Americana Digital Stamps, by Stacy Molter, just shout out for happy summer celebrations!  Which got me to thinking, the kit and the stamps would look great together!

So I created this card with them.  I recolored the stamp in Photoshop to coordinate with the papers from the kit. I love that you can do that with digital stamps, makes them so versatile!

I created the pin and the flower myself.  I didn't feel like getting the sewing machine out, so I stitched on the card by hand. I think it helped to add to the shabby-vintage look.








Challenges:

















Cupcake Inspirations















Stamptacular Sunday
My Sheri Crafts
Die Cut Dreams
Tuesday Throwdown
Paper Issues
There She Goes Clear Stamps 
Flourishes

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous digikits! Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with our stars and stripes theme at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Love the patterned papers and the flower is lovely!

    Thanks for joining SSC in our Stars & Stripes Challenge!

    Hugs, Gry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did get some fun toys this week. that flower on your card looks yummy.
    thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant and pretty!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card -- such a different but lovely take on the patriotic card! Thanks so much for sharing this at Tuesday Throwdown! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your softer version of a patriotic card! Fun! Thanks for playing along with OTWC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great digi pak! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the 3D flower! Thanks for playing along with the BBB challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips