/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chilling in the Heat of Summer

Today I've got a few summery cards to help you chill, even when the heat of the summer is blazing!

This card is made using digital papers and elements that I printed and dressed up to create this beachy card.  For the flowers I scrunch and pinched to get a nice texture and depth.
I really wanted the umbrella to give some shade, so I made it 3 dimensional.  I printed and cut out 5 of the umbrella tops. I folded them each in half and glued them to each other to create this. Can't you just picture yourself relaxing in the shade of the umbrella with a cool drink? 

On the next card, I created some depth by placing clouds above and below the hot air balloon. I used double sided foam squares to adhere them.
The bright colors are sure to bring happiness to the person that receives this!

I hope you are making today a beautiful day!








Ingredients
Hang Loose:
Digital Kit: WM Squared Designs and Cross Bone Cuts
Ink: Colorbox
Gem: Kaisercraft
Thread: Coats & Clark

Beautiful Day:
Digital Kit: Erica Zane and Jennifer Barrette
Ink: Colorbox
Stamp: Unity

1 comment:

  1. I love them both but especially the dimensionality of the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips