/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cupcake Sweet Treat

Who doesn't love cupcakes???  But how about one with no calories??  That's right. I said no calories!!


Oh, so maybe you can't eat this one!  But it sure is great eye candy!  And it will make a really sweet gift box. The top opens up!

Wouldn't it be sweet to make a bunch of these as party favors and have them displayed on a pastry tier?  Oh so yummy!


This was a fairly quick and easy project. The template set comes with cutting files. I printed out some digital papers, then cut the box shapes using my silhouette. I coated the top with a sheer glitter to give the "icing" some bling!



To make the flower on top I printed out some digital paper and used the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die to run it through my Cuttlebug and cut the petal shapes. I wet them, scrunched them up and bended and pleated them into the shape I wanted.  I used some glimmer mist to give the flower a bit of shine.

Hope you've enjoyed this calorie-free cupcake!








Ingredients:
Digital Papers: Amanda Heimann
Cupcake Cutting Files: Kelleigh Ratzlaff
Glitter: Doodlebug
Flower Die: Tim Holtz Alterations by Ranger
Cutting machines: Silhouette, Cuttlebug
Trim: Wrights
Pearl: Kaisercrafts
Punch: McGill
Adhesives: Scotch, Ranger, Glue Dots

Challenges:
CR84FN 

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Cathy! I just love how you dressed it up!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this cake is amazing - definitely good enough to eat! Great to see you at Paper Issues and look forward to seeing lots more of your awesome work!
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a darling little cupcake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, great minds thin alike... I just finished two of these little darlings last week, LOL. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips