/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th and Fireworks!

Just a quick post to wish all of those from the USA a very happy Independence Day!  

My husband was helping out a fellow fire marshal/friend this weekend to over see another fireworks show. I was lucky enough to tag along.  I brought my camera thinking I'd get some great shots.  We were positioned right under where the fireworks were blasting.  Seriously!  I didn't know my tripod could angle that sharply!  Hehe!! I thought I'd share some of those shots here with you today!

 


Being right under the display was amazing. The noise was loud, I expected that!  But with each burst you could feel it pound in your chest!  It made me think even more about all the men and women that serve our country, currently and throughout our history.  I give thanks for all they have done to help make our nation so great!


I took this photo before it got dark out, just so I could share with you how close we were. This photo is taken from the same spot that I took the fireworks photos. And there you can see about 50 yards away are all the explosives ready to go!


Enjoy your celebrations! I'm off to fire up the barbecue grill!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, your photos are amazing indeed! Hope your holidays were fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are delightful. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great fireworks photos...i know by experience how challenging they can be.

    just wanted to say welcome to the Paper Issues crew.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips