/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Seriously? It's been nearly a week since I blogged?  So sorry! I didn't mean to neglect you!  It has been a crazy busy week.  So much to do this time of year, gardening and yard work, sprucing up.... and trying to keep the kids occupied!

I did get a chance to create a few new things to share.  ScrapMatters has a new July Mix-a-Kit that released today. If you've not yet seen these, they are pretty cool. Each month there is a color scheme and each designer creates items to go with it.  Then you get to pick and choose which papers, elements, alphas, etc you would like!

Wendy of WM Squared Designs released a patterned paper and a sold paper pack for the July Mix-a-kit. I used those to create this card.

I was inspired by the sketch at Mojo Monday (#197) this week. I changed it up a bit to include some extra scallops.  I just thought they looked so chic with that yummy velvet ric-rak!


I also scrapped some photos from my son's birthday last week.  After taking a hike, we went to a favorite eatery of his, Ruby's Diner.  It's not located close to us so we don't often get to go there. They have really juicy burgers and the thickest, yummiest shakes! It's decorated pretty cool too. There are motorcycles inside the restaurant and a train that loops about on a track that hangs from the ceiling. The whole place has a 1950's feel to it.   I brought home a place mat from the diner just so I could scan it in and extract the logo and icon to use on my layout!  Yep, I'm always thinking about crafting!

This weekend is a 3-day weekend here in the US as we celebrate the birth of our nation.  I'm hoping for wonderful weather for all the parades, picnics, barbecues and fireworks that will be taking place all over the country. Whatever your plans are, I hope you enjoy them.  Happy Fourth of July!

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of those that serve our country in the armed services. Your devotion to protecting us is truly appreciated. Wherever you may be, home or abroad, I send prayers and thanks out to you and to your families as well. I think about all the time that you are not able to be together as a family while you are serving, and I hope for your safe return home to your loved ones! And I hope it is soon!

   
Ingredients
Card:
Digital Papers: Sweet Love by WM Squared Designs
Flowers: Prima, Petaloo
Ribbon: American Crafts
Stamp: Unity
Ink: Staz-on
Glitter: Doodlebug Designs

Layout:
Digital Kit: What's Cooking by Erica Zane
Ruby's Diner icons: extracted by me
Template: Layered Cake by Band Geek Designs

3 comments:

  1. So very cute! Welcome to the PI Team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work, I am looking forward to getting to know you on the PI team!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome lo! So retro looking and so fun. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips