/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Altered 3D Dress Form

 Have you notice all the dress forms popping up all over the place? They have become a very popular item. They are on cards, fabrics, clothing, even school supplies! They are everywhere!

I recently made one for a swap that I am in. I'm hoping that the package has arrived by the time this post goes live. I wanted her to be surprised. I really personalized this for the recipient. I'm so hoping she likes it!

To make this project, I used a paper mache dress form that I found in the clearance aisle of the craft store. I knew that I wanted it to be on a stand, so I searched the store to find something I could use. I found an unfinished wooden candlestick ready for painting!

I picked up a few other items at the craft store to use on this project. I found some really cute miniature wooden spools in the dollhouse aisle. The woman that I made this for is a seamstress, so I'm giving it a sewing theme.

I used some digital papers from the kit Golden Harvest kit by Mari Koegelenberg and Danielle Engebretson to create the skirt. If you are interested in making one yourself, I've shared details on how I created this one over at The Hybrid Chick today.

It was so much fun making this. I included yo-yo's that I made from fabric, stick pins that I beaded with crystals and pearls, some charms I created with jewelry supplies, little spools that I wound thread around, and lots of lace and and of course some bling! I had to get this mailed off. I was falling it love with it. She was really looking great on a shelf in my crafty area! Think I'm going to have to make one for myself soon!

Here are some more images to share with you.






If you were hoping to find the ScrapMatters Birthday Blog Train, you can find that at this post.  Visit soon, the freebie will only be available until 8/12/11.








Shared:
Be Different, Act Normal

10 comments:

  1. This looks great!! You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful...love the use of the tapemeasure and those little cotton reels. Saw you on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy your dress form is absolutely gorgeous, you have done a spectacular job on this!! So many beautiful and intricate details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,
    Your dress form is just amazingly beautiful..
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH..I'm in love. This is beyond creative and I'm so happy I saw it on MIM. A day in your brain must be amazing! LOL...
    Happy stamping...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic creation, really lovely.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is so pretty and girly! I love it. I saw it on Make it Monday and wanted a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! I love all the details. What a fabulous project. I have some naked dress forms that I have been hoarding. I think I will dress them up!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips