/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Time to Play

If you're looking for my ScrapMatters Birthday Blog Train post.....  You can find it HERE.

Today I put together a card just for fun!   Really!  And it's about fun!  About taking time to enjoy life and "play".  I was inspired by some word art by Kim Broedelet. More about that later.
I had the vintage image of the children playing ring-around-the-rosie saved on my computer for a l-o-n-g time! I thought it was perfect for the theme of my card.  I fussy cut the blooms from patterned paper to create the accents on either side of the circle.  Lots of dimension on this one thanks to foam adhesive!


I even decorated the inside. Probably should have taken a better picture of that for you!  "Make time to play, it's the secret to perpetual youth" Don't you just love that sentiment?  Ah, so now about the word art........


It's part of the August Mix-a-kit at ScrapMatters. Have you seen those? The designers at the shop create a bunch of different mini-kits all using the same color scheme. Then you can mix and match which parts you really like. And they'll coordinate!  Really cool.

Make sure to take some time each day to "play"!









Challenges:
Mojo Monday

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card, thanks for the inspiration! I found your blog through the Skip to My Lou link party. I'm your newest follower!

    darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips