/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, September 23, 2011

Say It Ain't Snow!

No, no, no, we have not had snow yet!  Hopefully we won't get ant for a while. I had designed a template for a card challenge recently.  When I went to put the card together, I decided to make it a Winter/holiday card.  I think it was a string of chilly days that got me in that mood!


I ended up making it into a gate fold card.  As much as I am not a fan of shoveling snow, I love snowmen.  I hand cut this little guy.  Glittered up his body and belly and popped him off the card a bit.

The snowflakes I covered with glittery embossing powder that I heated up. This is one time that melting a snowflake actually makes it look even better!  :)


Since snow tends to get everywhere, I added a flake inside with the greeting!  

The cooler temps were quite fleeting. The chilly days have passed and we are back to warm, humid weather.  Actually we are being threatened with more flooding rains. Not too happy about that! But I can look at this happy little snowman and put a smile back on my face!

The template that I created is for the It's In The Cards Challenge over at ScrapMatters.  Interested in playing along? You can grab the template below.  I would love to see your creations!  


Now head on over to the challenge at ScrapMatters for the rules and to share your card. Can't wait to see what you create!








Ingredients:
Digital Kit: Stolen Moments
Dies: Spellbinders
Embossing Powder: Ranger
Punch: Martha Stewart
Stamp: Unity
Ink: Memento
Glitter: Doodlebug
Adhesive: 3M. Beacon, Glue Dots, Ranger


Sharing at:
Colour Create
ABC Christmas Challenge
Crafts and Me
Simon Says Stamp
Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable!! Love it! I love snowmen too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 12 post on Sep. 23, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card!! Love the design! Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely xmas card
    Thank you for joining us at crafts and me this week,
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! this is awesome! I'm looking forward to using! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet fun wintery card! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Thanks 4 coming to play with us this week for our S is 4 Shaped card & include Swirls, Spots or Stripes Challenge @ ABC Christmas Challenge, hope you can come and play again soon we have no limit on entries
    Hugs Samantha

    Ps if you would be kind enough to consider removing word verification! thanks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...cute card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, Cathy! I love the design! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card.
    Love the colours and fabulous design.
    Thanks for playing along with us over at Colour Create.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips