/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Autumn Arrives

Some cool air moved in this weekend making it feel much more like Autumn.  Which makes it easier for me to share a couple of projects with you. First up, I decoupaged a pumpkin.


Yep, you read that right. I decoupaged a pumpkin!  OK, so no, it is not a "real" pumpkin. It is one of those craft pumpkins. Which is even better, cause this baby will last way past when all the Halloween candy has been eaten!

This was not my idea.  I saw this on the cover of Country Living magazine.  But I decided to take it hybrid and kick it up a few notches!

The papers that I used are from a digital kit by Etc. by Danyale called "Glamour-ween". Doesn't the name of the kit get you intrigued?  Let's just say that it is as beautiful as it's name!   Go ahead, click the link and check it out. I'll wait.

Now that you've drooled all over that kit, I'll tell you how I pumped up the creative on my pumpkin.  I decoupaged the papers on to the pumpkin and then as I added thin layers of the sealant, I sprinkled different glitters all over the surface.  I also sprinkled some gold embossing powder and heated it up. Oh it's so pretty up close. Wanna peak?

The glittery stuff never shows up as well in my photos.  I also took apart a Fall floral bunch and adhered them at the stem, placed a rhinestone flourish and added a few paper roses.  This is definitely not a scary pumpkin! I was surprised that my guys actually like it!  They usually go for the blood and guts Halloween decor.

My other project that I'm sharing today is my sample for the Card Caravan Challenge #3 at The Hybrid Chick.  

This challenge is to make an Autumn card.  You can check out the challenge for details and hopefully join in!

Hope you are enjoying the changing seasons!












Shared at:
CR84FN
Cupcake Inspirations
Just Some Lines
Paper Crafting Journey
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper Crafty
The Pixie Cottage
Little Darlings
For Fun Challenges
Freshly Brewed
Crafting for all Seasons
Crafty Creations
Moving Long with Times
Paper Play
Pixie Dust Studio
Meljen's Designs
ABC DT Challenge - Pumpkins
WhipperBerry



30 comments:

  1. Ooooh - how pretty!!! Thank you for joining our "Fall Colors" challenge at Just Some Lines! :) Peace & Hugs, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, both projects are awesome!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Just Some Lines Fall Color Challenge.
    Love, Laura JSLDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your project is amazing...those flowers are so pretty together!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty

    thanks for joining us at just some lines

    Tina
    jsldt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, that pumpkin is amazing! What a fantastically creative idea! I love the shimmery gold too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin is gorgeous and totally makes me want to skip the whole carving thing this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Cathy, that pumpkin is FANTASTIC. You did a wonderful job embellishing it with flourishes, glitter and flowers. A true work of art. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So creative! That pumpkin looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that pumpkin is divine - looooove the glitter and bling :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your decoupaged pumpkin is fabulous, I just love the papers and embellies you used. You card is very pretty as well! Thanks so much for playing at JUST SOME LINES this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the decoupage pumpkin! I have 2 girls, aged 2 and 4 who are always wanting to do craft projects and you just gave me a great idea on what they will be doing tomorrow :) I am sure ours will not turn out quite as pretty, but I think having them ripping up paper and gluing it some of our decorative pumpkins should keep them very happy and busy for awhile :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pumpkin is AMAZING....absolutely AMAZING and oh so gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a clever way to incorporate Halloween into your pumpkin. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really beautiful, glamourous pumpkin! I love the jewelled flourishes and flowers. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Love the pumpkin and so glad its not a real one, they get all beardy very quickly!!!! Love the card too its super, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Card is cute but the pumpkin is amazing!! WOW I love it. Thanks for playing along on For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a gorgeous pumpkin! You did an outstanding job! It's stunning! Take a bow!
    Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our October month long, "PUMPKINS" Challenge!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great pumpkin! Thank you so much for joining us at our challenge at Meljen's Designteam & Challenge Blog!

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness, two gorgeous projects! LOVE the decoupaged pumpkin. The pattern is beautiful!

    Your card is awesome. LOVE the diecut in the middle of the leaf and the lovely sentiment.

    Thanks for playing along in our Month long prize challenge for October: pumpkins!

    Have a wonderful and blessed day!
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pumpkin is amazing. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Pennys Challenges and good luck Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Smashing project of yours. Stunning work! Thanks for joing us over at For Fun this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, I'm back again. LoL Once again, a fabby looking pumpkin and sweet card. Thanks for joining our halloween party over at the PaperShelter.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the colours! Thanks for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like so much your crad... the colors, and the minimal style!!
    Thanks for joining us at THE PIXIE COTTAGE
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow Cathy I love the pumpkin, it's gorgeous, fab card too hun :)
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our Autumn colours challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute- love your pumpkin!
    You should come join us on ABC DT Pumpking challenge.

    http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW...that pumpkin is AMAZING!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the ABC DT Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pumpkin is gorgeous. Love the flower cluster on it. beautiful.

    Thanks for playing "fall leaves" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope you get to play in this weeks challenge....pumpkins NO jack-o-lanterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this is really stunning! Thanks for joining our Fall Fun challenge at The Pixie Cottage! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. I've Christmas Candy on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty pumpkin. Like the embellishing. Gotta like the craft pumpkins. Was not sure if a 3D item could be entered into Crafting for all Seasons challenge but when I saw yours in ch#11 I entered mine in ch#12 Halloween.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips