/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Being Thankful

It's nearly Thanksgiving!  Oh my!  I'm still not ready for the summer to have ended. We've already had our first snow fall too.  You would think I'm into the season by now.


This is one of my favorite times of year. I love the feeling that flows at the holidays. Woven in with the hustle and bustle is a wonderful feeling of compassion, faith and spirit.  It renews my belief and trust in the world.

As we get ready to enjoy Thanksgiving and the the build up to Christmas, we decorate the house with special items. This centerpiece is one that I made for our table.  It is made with recycled cardboard, some digital papers that I printed and cut, hand made paper flowers and some pre-made embellishments.


Our house always smells so much better at the holidays too with all the baking we do. And of course the yummy scented candles!



Another one of our Thanksgiving traditions is the wall hanging that I made several years ago. I really should get  a better photo of it!  There is a pocket on it for us to write the things we are thankful for.  The clip on the right keeps scraps of paper handy.  Then on Thanksgiving we read all of the things we have written.  I can then use these as journal strips on scrapbook pages.

Over at Paper Issues our theme is Thankful for Fall.  Won't you come link up some projects you have created?



Shared at:
WhipperBerry


Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic project! I love the colors! This would make a great gift or place card. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips